Monday, February 27, 2017

Resurrected Life - In Secret (HP11)

When we perform any charity, prayer or fasting in secret, God sees us for we have put ourselves in His secret place. This is easy to obey for we are in full control of the situation. From this simple act of obedience, God is able to slowly transform us from our carnal mindset of earthly glory to that of heavenly glory. Matthew 6 is the basic foundation of discipleship whereby the first most important lesson after salvation is the renewing of our mind so that by crucifying our flesh we are truly born again through the word of God.

Rom 7:22-25  For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.
 
As Christians, we do not want to sin anymore but serve Him faithfully, yet if our mind have not been renewed by the Spirit (Word) of Christ, our flesh (old man or sinful habits) will always make us serve the law of sin.

Rom 8:1-2  There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

John 6:63  "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life."

  • Mat 6:1-5  is doing charitable works in secret,
  • Mat 6:6-13  is prayer in secret and how to pray,
  • Mat 6:16-18  is fasting in secret, but between these are verses 14-15.

Mat 6:14-15  “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses."
 
Forgive everyone including all those who had destroyed our jobs, marriages, families, businesses, health, happiness, friendship, etc. and also those who hate, persecute, and revile us with lies, false witness, deceptions, etc. So when we (willing and secretly) help, pray and fast for them, then all our charitable deeds, prayers and fastings in secret delight the Lord for we have truly forgiven all God's children